Security Personnel – Ref #2022-83
Under the direction of the Team Leader, the Security Personnel provides security for the Hostel facility, parking lot and other SLFNHA property.
Starting Salary Rate: $23.733 per hour
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Completed secondary education preferred but will consider life experience/skills related to this position
- Experience/Education in Security. Certification in Provincial Security Worker or Police Sciences a definite asset
- Knowledge of working in a Health Care system- Non-Crisis Violent Intervention an asset
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Active CPR & First Aid a definite asset.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct hourly checks for Hostel building, parking lot and other SLFNHA property
- Monitor clients with protection issues as directed
- Patrol parking lots- taking note of any suspicious behavior. May direct person(s) to leave the area
- Call local police in regards to client/escort trespassing violation.
- Monday to Friday after 4:30pm/weekends Front Reception and Front Desk coverage.
- Assist maintenance in shoveling and sanding after hours and weekends
- Ensures incidents are reported to the Director of Client Services and Team Leaders in a timely manner
- Ensuring the CCTV security system is in working order at all times, operational and report equipment malfunctions
- Providing maintenance checks on CCTV security systems (i.e. cameras)
- Monitor corridor/link, front, rear and side entrances and emergency exits for persons that are trespassing. Make sure fire exits are cleared of obstructions and if exits are blocked send incident report to Health and Safety
- Working with Meno Ya Win Health Centre Security department on any operational issues that may arise as directed
- Ensuring all security access doors are in working order and report any maintenance issues to maintenance or 24 tech support
- Ensure lights in parking lots and rear entrance bollards are working effectively
- Monitor fencing around propane tanks (locks, fencing is secured), report any deficiencies to maintenance, ensure gate fencing is closed and locked at all times
- Responsible for all security exits, ensuring they are cleared of any hazards (snow)
- Assist with the luggage when necessary
- Participate in training and orientation of new staff (preferably Senior Personnel)
- Conducting room checks every shift
- Take out/sign out wheel chairs for client usage
- Specialty Security – supervision of clients at times
- As part of rounds – electrical room
- Trouble shooting on panels
- Take lead and give direction in evacuation process
- Direction with contractors to ensure show removal of doorways and sidewalks is completed when snow fall is in excess of one inch
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Posting: Open till filled