Policy/Project Analyst (Ref #2023-015)
The role of the Policy/Project Analyst is to support SLFNHA and its employees with the identification, development and evaluation of Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will monitor, amend, develop, implement, and advocate for changes to policies and systems that will improve the current Policies/Procedures and systems. The Policy/Project Analyst will stay current on all Federal/Provincial Legislation that applies to SLFNHA and ensure that legislation is followed in the Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will have a high-level understanding of policy initiatives and will be responsible for briefings and reports for Senior Management Committees as well as the Policy Committees.
The salary for this position is $ $63,310 to $81,483 per annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
Applicants must possess:
- Degree and/or diploma in business, Human Resources, commerce, and/or combination of education and experience suitable to the employer.
- Three (3) years’ experience with policy/program development and evaluation techniques
- Must have working knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods, principles, and analysis
- Ability to interpret and reference legislation and requirements
- An ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to pro-actively identify and solve problems, and plan and organize multiple complex projects
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, listening and presentation skills for in-person and online meetings/presentations
- Excellent understanding of computer operating software and financial software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, compile information, analyze and develop financial policy
- Provide options and recommendations, report to supervisor and senior management
- Analyze and advise on new emerging trends and changes in legislation relating to the SLFNHA Finance departments.
- Monitor trends and review of other jurisdiction/organizational financial policies exploring best practices, outcomes and administration.
- Draft correspondence, and briefing notes for SLFNHA Senior Management and the Policy Committee.
- Proactively identify problems to support policy initiatives and reviews
- Represent SLFNHA with stakeholders and liaise with First Nations, organizations and other service agencies.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation and communication of policy changes.
- All other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.