Onamun Ziibiis Recreational Co-ordinator/Supervisor (Ref #2023-016)
The role of the Onamun Ziibiis Recreational Co-ordinator / Supervisor is responsible for the day to day running of the camp, direction of staff and safety of all clients and guests. The Onamun Ziibiis Team Lead with work in collaboration with other SLFNHA departments on events and activities conducted on camp property as well as arranging accommodation stays and meals, snacks.
The salary for this position is $71,442 to $91,949 per annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
Applicants must possess:
- Degree and/or diploma in business, and/or combination of education and experience suitable to the employer.
- One (1) years’ experience with program management and staff supervision
- Ability to pro-actively identify and solve problems, and plan and organize multiple cam projects
- Must have a valid driving license
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, listening and presentation skills for in-person and online meetings/presentations
- Understanding of computer operating software
- Completion of the following training Wilderness First Aid Training, Boat Operator’s License, Safe Food Handling and Standard First Aid would be preferred but training will be offered
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with conflicting projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes directs, administers and oversees camp activities in conjunction with SLFNHA departments
- Maintains and updates camp event schedule, accommodation register, and any other SLFNHA databases required for the position
- Collaboratively works will all SLFNHA departments on their day-to-day requirements of Onamun Ziibiis
- Ensures Onamun Ziibiis is compliant with all Health and Safety legislation and is operating in a safe manner
- Assists with planning and implementation of camp activities, which includes but not limited to, operation of fishing boats, guiding, shore lunches etc.
- Reports camp incidents, such as complaints, workplace injuries, Health and Safety accidents and concerns as well as maintenance issues
- Performs any administrative tasks necessary
- Keep inventory, ensure supplies are ordered, order and arrange food/meals for guests
- Maintain safety logs for camp equipment, arrange for maintenance and servicing of camp equipment, work with Onamun Ziibiis Superintendent to ensure all equipment is safe and ready to use
- Maintain list of contractors, general maintenance workers, mechanics for camp use
- Interacts with staff and guests and clients to provide current information on camp activities
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Real Property
- Coordinates and directs Onamun Ziibiis staff in their daily activities
- Researches, develops and distributes resources to assist staff with their daily duties
- Plans and conducts daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings
- Prepares and presents reports regarding camp activities, usage and accommodation stats
- Conducts performance reviews, completes disciplinary actions and monitors Onamun Ziibiis to ensure their duties are being completed adequately and within set time frames
- Works with SLFNHA Human Resources for the hire, orientation, training of new and existing staff members and completes all HR documents required
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.