Laundry Aide – Ref 2022-90
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Laundry Aide is responsible to maintain clean laundry at the hostel.
Starting Salary Rate: $20.377 per hour
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Laundry Aide
- Ability to learn how to operate industrial washers and dryers
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Sort dirty laundry according to type, load washers and program machines.
- Load Dryers
- Fold linen manually.
- Restocking and distribution of linen carts.
- Removal of damage linens from rooms.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Inventory control.
- Mentoring other staff to in order to cover for them.
- Participate in meetings for quality improvement projects and audits.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Help assist with stripping of beds and gathering towels in rooms when necessary
- Any other duties as assigned.
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open till filled