IT Network Administrator – Ref #2022-69
Reporting to the Corporate Team Leader, the Information Technology Network Administrator is responsible for the effective planning and operation of the information technology (IT) network, across the organization. This position, in conjunction with the Corporate Team Leader, will also be responsible for tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Salary Range: $71,442 – $91,949 per annum
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA
Applicants must possess:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- Working experience in the industry required
- 5 years of direct work experience in an IT Network Administration capacity required
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Windows operating systems (Windows 7 and beyond), and Microsoft 2016 servers
- Excellent social media expertise
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms, including: SQL, HTML and Linux
- Proficiency with Microsoft networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Highly effective project management skills
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong prioritization skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Some experience managing budgets for an IT department
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and manage all IT network services throughout the enterprise.
- Provide internal IT support (server security, software updates, hardware maintenance etc.).
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve the corporate network, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycle.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, and/or clients.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology acquisitions.
- Create status reports as required; present findings to Information Technology Manager.
- Plan end-user training as required.
- Participate in the IT On-Call rotation.
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned.
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open till closed