Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Housekeeping Aid is to meet the Housekeeping needs of the hostel clients.
Starting Salary Rate: $20.377 per hour.
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Housekeeper
- Experience in housekeeping an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
Knowledge and Ability:
- Daily cleaning of client rooms, residents, public, office areas following job routines
- Weekly, monthly, yearly cleaning routines (include regular checks including needle boxes and soap dispensers)
- Request supplies or pick up supplies as needed
- Education component throughout the year includes Health and Safety, Hostel/department policy/procedures and workshop
- Participate in training of new staff
- Fill out maintenance requisition or call maintenance with concerns and equipment breakdowns
- Participate in and monitor quality improvement projects and audits
- Be available for call-in lists as needed
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager or other department as needed
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the Health and Safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits, by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager
- Any other duties assigned
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open till filled