The Finance Analyst is primarily responsible for preparing financial statements, preparing, and managing proposals / budgets, monitoring and reporting, accounts payables, reconciling accounts, filing returns and for generally supporting the accounting processes for SLFNHA in a segregated internal control environment.
Salary Range: $57,869 to $70,454 per annum
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA
Applicants should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline preferred, or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years combined experience in accounting and finance.
- Proficient in the following areas; generally accepted accounting principles and fund accounting for not-for-profit organization.
- Working with Public Health/First Nations health administration and government funding agreements preferred.
- In depth working knowledge of computerized accounting programs, GL/AP/AR/PO/Reporting modules.
- High level of reasoning, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, web-based financial applications and email at a highly proficient level. Pivot, VLookUP and Macros experience preferred.
- Effective organization skills combined with excellent time and stress management.
- Excellent prioritizing and workflow / delegation skills
- Effective verbal, listening, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and must be honest, trustworthy, respectful, and flexible with sound work ethics. The incumbent must further possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Previous experience with procurement and sourcing activities is considered an asset
- Previous experience strongly desired in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis and detailed billing.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have enrolled in the CPA (CA /CGA/ CMA) program or at an advanced level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within the framework of the Management Agreement, oversee the day-to-day accounting operations to ensure that SLFNHA records are maintained (both the computerized accounting and hard copy records) in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the Sub Ledger and General Ledger.
- Prepare, Review, or approve accounting transactions for proper distributions and accuracy.
- Purchasing and Payables, while ensuring net30 payment (excluding physicians).
- Allocation and coding in line with Funding agreements for revenues and expenses.
- Proper record keeping for HST rebates; prepare and file monthly / quarterly HST rebate returns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain all government remittances and corporate compliance reporting.
- Maintain properly organized financial and corporate governance files and records.
Monitor and manage cash flow and banking agreements to ensure working capital is sufficient to meet operational obligations.
- Monitor current account and all other bank activity daily.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare, reconcile, and monitor aged payables and receivables activity.
Promote a quality management environment and facilitate audit, compliance and accountability activities including government and funder audits while ensuring that obligations under the Management Agreement.
- Establish, maintain, document, and monitor all internal controls, workflows and procedures; support the development/update of financial policies.
- Liaise with the Finance / Audit committee as well as internal and external auditors.
- Support the finance staff and program managers in defining, measuring, and improving processes that impact the quality of services or that influence operating efficiency.
- Provide advice and recommendations on accounting and internal control matters.
Provide financial analysis and reporting.
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and variance reports to the Board of Directors
- Prepare annual GAAP financial statements for Not-for-Profit and supporting working papers
- Ensure all activities are properly budgeted; assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts at a program level and import/export budgets from Sage 300 or other accounting software.
- Provide strategic analysis as needed to support effective decision making.
Other duties as required or assigned (either by direct or indirect supervisor).
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open till filled