Nodin Mental Health Services has several services including a Psychiatric Service. This service provides non acute psychiatry services to individuals from the 33 remote northern communities served by Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority as well as clients residing in the Sioux Lookout region. Psychiatrists’ complete assessments to evaluate, diagnose, and provide treatment recommendations. At times they will also provide time-limited follow up. Treatment and prevention plans are created with team members of the Psychiatric Service, to ensure treatment recommendations are implemented.
The Booking Clerk is responsible for the coordination of administrative duties for Psychiatry Services clinical staff and contractors. In addition, the Clerk builds client relations and assists with various referrals, telehealth, and electronic medical record duties. The Clerk must have excellent public relations skills, communication skills, clerical skills, computer skills, and the ability to work in a demanding team environment.
The salary for this position is $52,078 to a maximum of $63,404/annum
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Minimum education required is equivalent to high school completion or partial high school with related training
- Minimum amount of related work experience required is 1 year
- Proficient in the use of email, internet and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team
- Ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of the remote/isolated communities and the health priorities of the First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout Health Authority catchment area
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the schedules of the psychiatrists
- Maintain and organize client schedules
- Retrieve client referrals/health records for the consultants and organize them according to clinic schedules
- Assistance to the Consultant’s when on-site and off-site, to streamline the referral
- Liaise with clients/families, frontline workers, health care providers and other service workers in communities to assist in the facilitation for the delivery of Psychiatry services
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of travel for clients and Psychiatry Services team
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of the activities and schedules of Psychiatry Services Team Members that are organized through the Psychiatry Service.
- Assistance to Consultant’s when on-site and off-site
- Entering of data/visit information into the Electronic Health Record
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as copying, faxing, filing, general typing
- Participate as part of the multi-disciplinary team on clinic days
- Compile daily, monthly, annual Summary Reports
- Provide follow-up support to clients and families
- Assisting in other administrative coverage
- Other duties that may be deemed necessary by immediate supervisor
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.