Health Policy Analyst
Dec 01, 2017 by 4:30 PM CST
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Commitment: Full Time
The role of the Health Policy Analyst is to review and analyze government initiatives and legislation in order to advise SLFNHA (executive, board and Chief’s Committee on Health). The Analyst will analyze, document, and coordinate recommendations/options to promote the improvement to health care services. The Analyst will have a high level understanding of policy initiatives and will be responsible for briefings and reports for both internal and external communications. The Analyst will facilitate linkages between government policy directions and community directions and will support the advocacy of First Nations health and Treaty rights.
- Post-secondary degree in public health, public administration, law or related discipline and/or combined relevant experience.
- Experience in a project management capacity.
- Must have working knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory process impacting First Nations health and First Nations governance.
- Knowledge of the complex health service delivery landscape in northern Ontario and the inter-jurisdictional issues as they relate to the First Nations health.
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality written reports and presentations for diverse audiences with the ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and respectfully.
- Understand and facilitate health program design and the interrelationship with health policy and legislation.
- Experience with First Nations community engagement, community-based research and First Nations decision making processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, advocacy and organizational skills.
- Research issues, facilitate internal and external dialogue and write reports.
- Collect, create, analyze and disseminate information and evidence to support health planning and decision making.
- Research, review, monitor and analyze provincial and federal government initiatives, legislation, policy and operational plans which affect the health and health services for First Nations in the Sioux Lookout area.
- Draft correspondence, proposals, discussion papers, internal document and briefing notes for senior management, SLFNHA Board and Chief’s Committee on Health.
- Liaise with First Nations, organizations and other service agencies.
- Identify effective methods of knowledge transfer based on specific targeted audiences.
- Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of effective networks and relationships with all levels of leadership/government and other experts as required.
- Participate in the launch and management of advocacy strategies related to the SLFNHA priorities for its communities.
- Explore opportunities for funding through proposals and partnerships with other agencies.
- Provide support for the regional strategic health planning function of SLFNHA and facilitate the continued implementation of the Anishinabe Health Plan.