Oct 20, 2017 by 4:30 PM CDT
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Commitment: Full Time
The Finance Manager is responsible to supervise the finance team assigning tasks as per job descriptions to ensure equitable workloads and timely completion of tasks, evaluate performance, recommend new policies and procedures, complete accounting tasks up to and including creation of monthly financial statements for each active department, and reporting to management, executive and the Board of Directors.
- Experience with financial management including funding agreements and reporting guidelines associated with agreements
- Organization, management and administration of accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, purchase order and overall accounting systems
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and human resources for timely completion of financial statements, budgets and other reports in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- High level critical thinking, reasoning, decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills
- High levels and accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, web-based financial applications and email at a highly proficient level; experience with SAGE 300 & Crystal Reporting an asset
- Effective verbal, listening, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, leadership and supervisory skills
- Strict confidentiality and must be honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible with sound work ethics
- Preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and general ledger listings, to senior managers and executive, by the end of the third week of the month following each quarter end (June, September, December and March).
- Manage the fiscal periods within SAGE to ensure quarterly and year-end cut-off to avoid changes to periods already reviewed and amended by management.
- Prepare financial updates for Board, executive and manyear-end working papers and reconciliations for the auditors.
- Review and initial source documents, used for entering to the accounting software, to ensure accurate entry of all financial transactions including authorization according to current signing authorities, assignment to department(s) based on activity, and accurate allocation of taxes.
- Assign accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel claim, purchase order, payroll, and travel tasks as outlined in current job descriptions and employment letters to ensure timely completion and equitable workloads including completion of some tasks personally if required.
- Review and approve or decline requests for scheduled leave to ensure adequate coverage is available for finance tasks during scheduled absences.
- Cross-train all finance staff to all finance tasks to support assignment of equitable workloads and coverage during scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Facilitate regular finance individual coaching and joint staff meetings with finance staff.
- Other duties as requested from time to time.