Data Entry Clerk (Approaches to Community Wellbeing)
Nov 27, 2017 by 4:30 PM CST
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Commitment: Full Time
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for the accurate entry and maintenance of individual health information stored in centralized databases that are operated and managed by Approaches to Community Wellbeing at the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA).
- Successful completion of college education in Office Administration and/or two years minimum of Office Administration experience.
- Experience working in a health or medical office an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Immunization Schedule and Reportable Disease standards and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills, including making presentations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English skills.
- Strong computer skills; i.e. Experience using Windows 2000 (ie. Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Epi-Info and FNIHIS computer programs, and other office equipment.
- Knowledge of the Approaches to Community Wellbeing and its services.
- Knowledge of the First Nations culture in the Sioux Lookout area.
- Ability to speak in one of the Sioux Lookout area dialects, and/or write in syllabics.
- Performs data entry of personal health information for population health databases that are maintained and operated by SLFNHA.
- Ensures data entry standards are upheld and personal health information is safe guarded in line with the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- Produces community specific schedules for immunizations once a month.
- Produces community specific and regional reports as requested.
- Prepares, monitors and evaluates the annual work plan in collaboration with the Epidemiologist.
- Conducts a monthly birth validation exercise for the Sioux Lookout area First Nations Communities.
- Conducts annual Population Validation of Sioux Lookout area First Nations Communities.
- Liaises with regional partners such as FNIHB Sioux Lookout zone Office, Tribal Council Nursing Directors, etc. around data collection and analysis questions and concerns.
- Assists with Approaches to Community Wellbeing data management as required.
- Ensures timely reporting of FNIHIS system problems and follow-up inquiries to FNIHIS Ontario Region.
- Responds to inquiries from authorized health professionals about immunization (and/or other health records) stored in SLFNHA maintained databases. Liaises with support staff of other SLFNHA departments and agencies; i.e. Federal, provincial or municipal in matters relating to FNIHIS.
- Contacts suppliers of databases for information and repairs as needed.
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned.